Monday, September 23, 2013

Friday Faves

Welcome to the first edition of Friday Faves. I follow a lot of beauty gurus on YouTube and I love how they always share their favorite products. It's such a great way to tell folks what you love and why. Now, I won't always gear my choices towards beauty products but this week I decided to share with you three things I absolutely cannot get enough of. 

1. Coconut oil. This stuff is amazing. I use it for just about everything. Many would think it's too greasy but the stuff is pure magic. It's a great product for your skin, hair, nails, etc. I rub some on my cuticles everyday to keep them moisturized. If my skin is feeling super dry, which in the winter it generally does, i will use this as my facial moisturizer (I have never broken out from it either). My favorite way to use it though is as a deep conditioner. Most recommend to slather the stuff on before bed and wash out n the morning. But I toss and turn so much that when I do any overnight treatments, everything ends up all over my pillows. If you prefer the overnight method just make sure you use a cap, too. Because I am lucky enough to work from home four days a week, I just put this on in the morning (on non meeting days of course) and then wash out after work. My hair feels incredibly soft and super shiny after which is a blessing on this head of hair that gets a beating during the summer (chlorine, salt water, highlights). Honestly it's my holy grail and if you only get one of these products, make it this one. 

You're welcome

2. Kenra Blow Dry spray. If you're like me, you blow dry your hair before going out in public. People always ask me why I don't let my locks run free without the aid of heat. Well, thanks to some poor decision making in the early 90's (aka a perm) and a mystery gene that causes routine hair loss, my hair just has never been the same. What was once beautiful hair eventually grew to a kinda wavy, kinda limp disaster. Seriously, me with air dried hair ain't pretty and I only let Kyrin see this side of me now (thanks babe for still loving me). So one day I was in Ulta (which at that point was my second time in the place because I was never a hair and makeup kinda girl) and I gravitated to my favorite part in any store (CLEARANCE!). I found a bottle of this Kenra stuff and at 75% off with a promise to shorten my blow drying time, I was sold. When I walked up to pay, the cashier asked me if there were any other bottles left because she absolutely loves this stuff. She RAVED about it. I told her I'd grab her one and came back with two. I figured if this girl with gorgeous hair swears by it then I'd take the risk. Worst case I'd give it to a friend. Well, no need, cause it's amazeballs. I swear my drying time was cut in half and the best part is it doubles as a heat protectant which a heataholic should never go without. 

3. The last product of the day is St. Ive's moisturizer. If you know me, then you know I am pretty obsessed with Dr. Oz: the man is a genius. If he'd be willing to come to my house for a day and fill my life with the foods and products he talks about, I'd let him throw everything I own away. One day I was catching up on my dvr shows and I caught a segment of the doc's. He said he had THE product for women to use to prevent wrinkles and moisturize. At 31, wrinkles are a reality ladies. So, that night I went out on mission "find me some moisturizer". The stuff is under $5 for the container and a little really does go a long way. At first I thought it was a bit thin and runny. I preferred a facial moisturizer with some oomph. But, when it soaked in I could almost hear my skin saying "thankkkk youuuu!!!" I shared this little gem with one of my friends and she is now hooked, too. I won't go so far as saying this is my forever moisturizer but it's definitely a good summer option. I have a couple good winter ones that I'll share soon :)


Well, that's all for now! I'll be back next week with some more goodies. Happy Friday, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment