Thursday, August 14, 2014

These Are My People

In this day and age it seems like everything has to be a production. It used to be a bride would just ask her girls to be a part of her big day without the need for a gift or big gesture. But, with Pinterest keeping us crafty gals in check, things have changed. And I, for one, LOVE it. Any excuse I get to channel my inner Martha Stewart I will take it.

I wanted to ask my girls to be a part of our wedding day in a unique way. I toyed with many different ideas and ultimately I decided to gift them each with a personalized letter and a piece of jewelry. At first, I thought I'd just go buy something but then I realized that the DIY approach is definitely more me and what they'd each probably appreciate more. So, off to Etsy I went. I found some cute yellow stones that made perfect sense with my wedding colors. Then, I wanted something that spoke to our awesomeness as women. I stumbled on some adorable charms that have one of my favorite quotes ever on them: "Well behaved women rarely make history". I needed one more charm to complete each set so I picked up some feather charms that represent virtue (and are also a nod to Kyrin's Native American roots). They didn't take too long to put together and I love how they turned out:


Of course these necklaces wouldn't be complete without the proper wrapping. I bought some necklace holders off another Etsy seller and wrapped them up in tissue paper. Then I took a trip to Michaels to buy boxes and scrapbook paper to add a pop of white to the top of each box. Then, I used some twine I had on hand to complete the package. Finally I added an extra touch to the package that really spoke to my humorous side because I knew my letters might invoke a few tears and I wanted these important gals to have a good laugh too:




Now, I have to admit, in many ways I like the traditional aspects of weddings but in so many ways, I think its important to have traditions that work for you. So, I decided long ago to have a MAN of honor because my best friend on the planet happens to be my little brother, Danny. For his gift, I knew I had to do something different. Not only because of his role but because let's face it: I can't exactly expect him to have the same appreciation for the jewelry my ladies got. Anyway, D has a love for puzzles and that gave me the perfect idea for his little gift. I took to the Internet and found a few sites that make custom puzzles. I got a few photos of us together and created my puzzle and even added the wording I needed. In retrospect, I wish I had picked pictures from different times in our lives but hey he still loved it and that's all that mattered to me!




I am so excited that they all said YES!! I love these people so much and they have each played such an important part in the journey Kyrin and I have been on. I cannot wait to make more amazing memories with them and to have them stand beside me as I marry the man of my dreams. 
 
See ya soon,
 
T-Fig

No comments:

Post a Comment