Thursday, August 14, 2014

T.G.F.P....I think.

Wedding planning takes a lot of...well, you. So much time goes into attempting to perfect what is potentially the most important day of your life.  I went into this whole thing with the thought that I wanted the most simplest of days.  But, the reality is that when you're DIY'ing a large majority of your decor, it's not simple.  Sure, the look will feel simple, and maybe the actual process is easy, but it's the work you have to put into looking effortless that is time consuming.  TGFP (Thank God for Pinterest).  If it weren't for Pinterest how would any bride survive, right? Wrong! There are just WAY too many great ideas on there and it's incredibly overwhelming to a DIY bride.  I mean, sure, I have been able to capture some great ideas and put my own spin on them, but when there are millions of options how do you pick just enough without looking like your wedding is just a mish mosh of Pinterest pins? I guess I shouldn't complain; I've heard from so many of my friends that they wish it had been around for their big days.  But, in some sense, I feel like we lose individuality when we are all pulling from the same place to create our "unique" weddings.  I know my best friend and I struggle with it daily.  We'll come up with ideas steal stuff from Pinterest, only to realzie the other one was already doing that same thing.  While that could be ok, with our weddings only two weeks apart (yes we are nuts), it just simply doesn't work.  Luckily the communication lines are pretty open so it's something we can talk about and move past it without any hair pulling.

At this point in the planning, I am in crunch time.  With 59 DAYS left, all my efforts are going into crafting.  So far, I've wrapped mason jars in burlap, lace and twine. Yup, that's my huge accomplishment.  Maybe I just am not quite at the "it's really happening" point. 

Reality check: It's really happening.

In the meantime, stay tuned for more wedding stuffs.  My life will be jam packed full of projects and fun in these next two months so I promise to be more chatty.

See ya soon,

T-Fig

No comments:

Post a Comment